The San Franciscan™ SF-6 is the perfect farmers’ market roaster
The SF-6 is a robust platform that roasts from 2.2 pounds (1kg) to 6.6 pounds (3kg) of green coffee per batch with up to 3 roasts per hour giving you a maximum roast capacity of 19.8 lb. per hour (9kg/hr). These roasters will work on either Natural Gas (LNG) or Propane (LP).
The SF-6 is a popular roaster for farmers’ markets, fairs and festivals and it can be ordered with a special farmers’ market kit. The kit includes Amish-made hickory cart wheels with sealed bearings, rubber tires and steel axel, propane hook-up and mount, and handles. This kit can be made to fit on existing SF-6 roasters as well.
Each roaster is meticulously handcrafted to exacting specifications right here in Carson City, Nevada. Our roasters are not only built for the artisan to produce the finest roasted coffees, they are also built to last a lifetime.
The SF-6 has gained an international reputation as one of the best small batch roasters in the world. As you can see, The San Franciscan Roaster would be a beautiful centerpiece for any coffeehouse or roasting facility.
San Franciscan Roaster™ line of coffee roasters are built by a family owned company that’s earned a reputation internationally for producing roasters with superb roasting characteristics, remarkable reliability, and simplicity of use for the last 20 years. They were designed to make cleaning and maintenance as simple as possible.
We believe the The San Franciscan Roaster™ is the best small-batch roaster available today.
Features of the San Franciscan Roaster™ Model SF-6
- The San Franciscan Roaster is built completely in The United States of America
- Parts can be purchased in the USA or internationally
- Maintenance is easy and simple. The pipes and motors are exterior and can be taken off to clean. The cooling tray detaches for easy cleaning
- The chaff cyclone is in the cylinder that sets behind the roaster, making it much easier to clean
- With the design of our ash tray on the front of the machine, broken beans can be removed easily
- The roaster is automatically self-igniting and the burner is easily seen through a sight hole
- The roaster has RTD probes that measure the bean temperature and the environment temperature. The probes connect to a dual-digital display that shows both temperatures simultaneously during the roast.
- A high-quality gas pressure gauge allows the user to closely monitor BTU input.
- Our roasters are powder coated on premises providing a very durable finish.
- The San Franciscan Roaster and drum are hand-fabricated of 100% schedule 40 steel. This ideal material maintains excellent thermal transfer characteristics without becoming brittle over time.
- Roasting time is 10-15 minutes depending on roast-master preference
- The face-plates are 1/4” steel
- San Franciscan roasters are fitted with well known high-quality American made motors, sprockets, bearings and other components by companies such as Baldor, Morris, Martin Bearings, Honeywell components, etc.
- Comes complete with temperature probes for bean and environment temperatures, gas pressure gauge and hot-air control.
- San Franciscan Roasters are compatible with most data-logging programs and your choice of data logger can easily be built into your new roaster.